Monday, July 18, 2011

Cobb Salad Sandwiches

It is hot.  It is humid.  When I walk outside, I immediately feel like I need to go shower.  When it comes to weather like this, there are 2 options in my book: sit outside by a body of water and take frequent dips in or hide in the house.  I spent yesterday outside on the lake and had tons of fun, but today I am hiding inside as much as possible.  My garden, as always, could really use some work but I just can't bring myself to do it.  Maybe tonight.  If it cools off {ya right}.  

No matter how hot it is, we need to eat.  What we don't need to do it heat up the house cooking.  Here is a great sandwich for the dog days of summer.  It is hearty and summery all at the same time.  As you can see below, I arranged our ingredients out on the island and let everyone build their own sandwich.  I made mine as the recipe states, but my kids kept theirs more basic.  No arguing, no heating up the kitchen, and everyone is happy.  Try this today!


 Cobb Salad Sandwich
4 croissants, cut in half lengthwise
4 lettuce leaves
1 tomato, sliced
4 slices of crisply cooked bacon, halved
8 slices of deli ham, turkey, or chicken
4 slices of red onion
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 ripe avocado, sliced
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
mayonnaise, blue cheese dressing, or ranch dressing


Spread your choice of mayonnaise, blue cheese dressing, or ranch dressing on both halves of the croissant.

Layer one half of each croissant with lettuce, tomato, bacon, 2 slices of ham (or turkey\chicken), onion, sliced egg, 2 avocado slices, and a tablespoon of blue cheese crumbles. Place other croissant half on top and enjoy!

Source: Tablespoon

2 comments:

  1. I love sandwiches for lunch and sometimes would even have it for a simple dinner! It's delicious and it's messy, that's the way it should be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that looks delicious! I must try it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails